Wesley Emergency Care Network Emergency rooms (ERs) in Wichita, Kansas
Wesley Healthcare is proud to treat more than 65,000 patients from Kansas and northern Oklahoma annually in our five emergency rooms.
We provide the following ER locations in the Greater Wichita area:
- Wesley Medical Center ER
- Wesley Children's Hospital ER
- Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER
- Wesley Derby ER
- Wesley West ER & Diagnostic Center
If you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or come to the nearest ER.
We understand there may be stress and worry when visiting an ER, but please feel reassured as we accept all major insurance plans. Our staff is dedicated to providing patients with high-quality medical care and comfort in a timely manner, regardless of which Wesley Healthcare ER you visit.
What to expect in the ER
Upon check-in at the reception desk, the triage nurse will ask the patient about symptoms and medical history to determine the severity of the medical condition. Triage is a process that helps determine which patients need to be seen sooner because of the severity of their condition. Patients with life-threatening conditions will be treated first. Depending on your condition, you may be:
- Taken immediately to a room for examination and treatment. A doctor, physician assistant or advanced registered nurse practitioner will examine you and plan your care.
- Taken to an area for laboratory tests or X-rays. There may be a waiting period of 30 minutes to two hours until tests or X-ray results are available.
- Asked to take a seat in the waiting room until a healthcare provider or the type of room appropriate for your condition is available.
Our ER locations
No matter what kind of medical emergency you are experiencing, visit any of the five ERs offered by Wesley Emergency Care Network. All of our emergency rooms in Wichita, Kansas provide comprehensive emergency care.
Our locations in east, west and central Wichita are open 24/7, with the exception of our pediatric ER at Wesley Children's Hospital ER, which is open daily from noon to midnight. However, children can be seen in any Wesley Healthcare ER.
Please remember that if you have an illness or injury that you believe is life-threatening, or that will seriously harm you within 12 to 24 hours without a doctor's care, you should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Emergency care locations
Retrieving location data...