Diet and lifestyle changes after bariatric surgery in Wichita
Choosing to have weight loss surgery is a big decision. Before undergoing bariatric surgery, patients must commit to lifelong lifestyle changes to maintain good health.
After determining that you are a candidate for bariatric surgery, the Wesley Healthcare bariatric surgery team will be with you every step of the way.
For more information about weight loss surgery, please call (316) 858-8921.
Our team in Wichita, Kansas, will educate you on the risks and benefits—and diet and exercise changes—that come with bariatric surgery. This is to ensure you are prepared for our program, and that you will be successful in your weight loss goals.
We take time to help you understand the weight loss surgery process and the changes you must commit to before you enter into our bariatric surgery program.
Lifestyle changes required after weight loss surgery
Bariatric surgery is not a cosmetic procedure or a quick fix for weight loss. It requires diet and exercise commitments for the rest of your life to maintain your health and ensure the surgery is a success.
Some of the lifestyle changes required after bariatric surgery include:
- Continuing to see your healthcare team to ensure compliance with labs and that your nutrition levels are healthy
- Taking a special bariatric surgery multivitamin every day for the rest of your life to prevent nutrition deficiencies (over-the-counter substitutes will not suffice)
- Continuing the nutrition and exercise plan created for you to maintain your weight goals and prevent chronic disease as you age
- Eating five to six small meals a day that are high in lean protein
- Committing to not snacking between meals, as this can interfere with weight loss
- Avoiding drinking liquids at mealtime, as this can make the food leak out of the stomach area
- Drinking fluids slowly
- Avoiding sauces, mayonnaise, butter, margarine and junk foods
Diet and life after bariatric surgery locations
Retrieving location data...