Breast imaging services in Wichita, Kansas
To schedule your mammogram, please call (316) 962-7900.
We offer multiple breast imaging modalities to our patients:
- Screening mammogram: A digital screening mammogram is a safe, low-dose X-ray exam of the breast for women who are not currently experiencing any symptoms or have no concerns about their breast health.
- Diagnostic mammogram: A diagnostic mammogram is scheduled when a digital screening mammogram uncovers a suspicious area of the breast or when additional views are needed beyond the four views captured during the routine mammogram.
- Breast ultrasound: A breast ultrasound is often used to determine whether a breast lump or mass is solid or fluid-filled.
- Ductogram: A ductogram may be performed when a woman is experiencing draining that is not associated with routine cases. A ductogram is a contrast-enhanced mammogram used for imaging the breast ducts.
Breast cancer screening
Mammograms can detect breast cancer in its earliest stages when it is most treatable.
According to the American Cancer Society, women who are between 45 and 54 years old and at average risk for breast cancer should get a mammogram every year
Additional screening guidelines for women are as follows
- Women who are between 40 and 44 years old should have the choice to start annual breast cancer screening with mammograms.
- Women who are 55 years old and older should get a mammogram every two years or continue yearly screenings.
- All women should be familiar with the benefits, limitations and potential harms linked to breast cancer screening.
Talk to your primary care physician about breast cancer risk factors, including if you have a history of breast cancer in your family. The National Breast Cancer Foundation advises adult women to perform breast self-exams monthly.