Wesley Medical Center
Wesley Medical Center (WMC) is one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas. Our mission is to ensure quality healthcare, provide compassion, offer comfort and build trust with every patient, every time. Wesley is a tertiary-care, community teaching facility and a Level 1 trauma centered licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. Wesley includes Wesley Children’s Hospital, the only pediatric hospital in Kansas and pediatric emergency department.
WMC Pharmacy Department
The WMC Pharmacy Department serves as a resource for practicing pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, residents, students and other health professionals. As a tertiary teaching facility, pharmacy students have the opportunity to complete a variety of rotations in acute care, critical care, pediatrics, long-term care and specialty electives.
Students will be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services for the team. They are expected to be familiar with patients, their medical history, disease state and home medication regimens. The student will be expected to provide drug therapy recommendations based on current evidence-based guidelines and individual patient needs, provide drug therapy monitoring recommendations and answer drug information questions. The student will provide patient education when needed, assist in clarifying patients’ home medication regimens for medication reconciliation and help manage pharmacy consults. The student is expected to actively participate with all members of the healthcare team.
Your First Day:
- Arrive at 8:00 a.m. and meet at the main pharmacy (directions will be provided)
- Park on the rooftop of the Health Strategies Parking Garage – located on the southwest corner of Hillside and Murdock. A walkway will take you from the garage to the 2nd floor of building 2.
- Arrive on time (as designated by the assigned preceptor)
- Adhere to dress code and wear comfortable shoes (Dress code is business professional/casual, name tag and white coat. Closed-toe shoes are mandatory.)
- Attendance is mandatory Monday – Friday with the exception of school holidays.
- Personal leave is allowed for medical or family emergencies only. All other absences must be approved by the rotation preceptor. Make-up work may be assigned at the discretion of the preceptor.
- If you are ill, notify the assigned preceptor as soon as possible via phone call or email and report absence to the main pharmacy number at (316) 962-2305.
Ivy Nispel, PharmD, BCPS
Wesley Medical Center
550 North Hillside
Wichita, KS 67214