Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
To bring exceptional health to every human being.
Integrity: Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Compassion: Be empathetic to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation.
Accountability: Take ownership for how actions impact outcomes.
Respect: Value others and embrace diversity.
Excellence: Take personal pride in exceeding expectations.
Standards of Behavior (aligned by value).
Integrity – Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. I will always:
- Prioritize the safety of our patients, guests, colleagues, and staff above everything else.
- Advocate for patients and others regardless of my role.
- Be honest, genuine and consistent with my words and actions and keep my promises.
- Act and treat others as if I am being observed by patients, guests and colleagues at all times.
- Refrain from using electronic devices for personal use in the presence of patients and guests.
- Treat company resources as if they were my own.
Compassion – Be empathetic to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation. I will always:
- Care for our patients and treat others as if they are our family, actively listen to their needs, and ensure that they know they are highly valued and appreciated.
- Create an environment that inspires trust, safeguards dignity, and promotes healing.
- Be nonjudgmental in my interactions with others.
- Use a positive tone, sit down when appropriate, use appropriate touch, and respond in a timely manner to patient and family needs.
- Ensure that patients and families feel they are included in decision-making and informed about their care.
- Participate in hourly rounding, bedside shift report and completion of patient care boards.
Accountability – Take ownership for how actions impact outcomes. I will always:
- Stay informed about organization, facility, and department initiatives.
- Present a clean and professional image.
- Keep my workplace clean and safe; Pick up trash, report safety hazards, and seek repair of broken items.
- Take the time and accept the responsibility to help. If I cannot personally assist, I will find someone who can.
- Arrive on time and be ready to focus on assigned duties.
- Take ownership of issues and maintain a high standard for my individual performance.
- Use open communication and AIDET- P (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explain, Thank You + Promise) in all interactions.
- Use key words at key times to ensure customer satisfaction.
Respect – I will value others and embrace diversity. I will always:
- Honor individual differences, cultural beliefs and embrace the communities we serve.
- Speak respectfully of others, acknowledging the vital role each of us plays in providing care to our patients, and promote a climate of trust.
- Give honest, timely, constructive feedback and graciously accept feedback as an opportunity to improve.
- Honor commitments and meet deadlines.
Excellence – Take personal pride in exceeding expectations. I will always:
- Ensure excellent patient care is provided at all times.
- Value and use teamwork to provide excellent customer service.
- Seek opportunities for professional development to stay current in my field of expertise.
- Engage patients and guests in such a way that they have positive stories to share about their experience.
- Follow the 10-5 rule. I make eye contact and smile as I approach someone within 10 feet of me. I greet people when they are 5 feet from me, and I will guide others to their destination if needed.
- Take personal responsibility for the success, image, quality and reputation of the company.