Wesley’s gynecologists and obstetricians provide a full range of services for women, from routine gynecology checkups to specialized treatment of breast cancer. Wesley’s philosophy of women’s healthcare focuses on sensitivity, privacy, education and patient involvement in decision-making.
The Women’s Hospital is a four-floor building complex dedicated to pregnant women and beyond. Located on the north side of the hospital, the birth rooms are located on the second floor and take care of pregnant women who are past 20 weeks gestation. The third and fifth floors of the Women’s Hospital are dedicated to women who have delivered their babies and are recovering to go home. The fourth floor cares for high-risk obstetric patients who require hospitalization before their baby is born.
The nursing staff on this unit have won the Quality of Life Award, given by the Wichita Medical Research and Education Foundation, for their dedication to women’s health care.
Wesley has been known as ‘The Baby Hospital’ since opening Wichita’s first ‘mother’s room’ in 1912. Wesley offers two locations for moms to deliver their babies – Wesley’s Women’s Hospital and Wesley Birth Care Suites. Wesley’s Birth Care Suites is a freestanding facility north of Wesley’s main building. Both birth centers have the most advanced medical technology designed to support both mother and baby during labor. Women’s choose Wesley birth centers because of our exceptional obstetricians whose decades of experience are unsurpassed in this region.
Women’s nurse navigator services
Our nurse navigator women's services can help coordinate your care if you have complications or concerns with a women’s healthcare condition, from your first pregnancy to gynecological cancer. She is available before, during and after hospitalization. Along with your doctor, a navigator can help you deal with issues such as preterm labor and high-risk pregnancy, and she can connect you with community resources that might be beneficial.
Diagnosis and treatment
Wesley’s advanced imaging and laboratory facilities provide mammograms and other tests for osteoporosis, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, cancers of the breast and reproductive organs and many other conditions women may have.
Whether the condition is a harmless lump in the breast or advanced ovarian cancer, Wesley has the technology and expertise to provide advanced cancer treatment.
Cancer treatment options include:
- Trilogy®: the world’s most advanced radiosurgery treatment for cancer
- The Varian Edge®: offers patients a fast, effective surgical option for treating tumors without incisions or the need for overnight hospital stays
- Mammosite: breast cancer radiation therapy which minimizes radiation to healthy tissue and achieves better cosmetic results
- Laparoscopic surgery: surgeons operate using scopes inserted through very small incisions, resulting in faster healing and minimal scarring
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery ®
- Xoft Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT): form of brachytherapy for early breast cancer treatment, where radiation is delivered within the surgical cavity, providing a complete dose of radiation in one treatment during a breast lumpectomy.
Wesley believes treatment plans should be designed thoughtfully. Our caregivers consider each patient’s emotional and self-image needs, desire for pain relief, and time constraints and responsibilities.