Wesley Medical Center provides the only comprehensive evaluation and treatment service for children who have kidney disease, chronic or acute kidney failure, or end stage renal disease in Wichita.
Our services include:
- Renal biopsies to diagnose kidney disorders.
- Acute hemodialysis (kidney machines) and peritoneal dialysis for patients with acute kidney failure or poisonings.
- Chronic hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis for children in permanent kidney failure
Chronic hemodialysis is provided using traditional kidney machines in the pediatric outpatient dialysis unit. Training for chronic continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) and continuous cycling peritoneal dialysis (CCPD) is available to allow the child to be cared for at home.
Wesley’s outpatient dialysis unit is located on the sixth floor of Wesley Medical Center’s Building 4, in Wichita. Parking is available in the parking garage at Hillside and Murdock Streets. The unit is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 9:00pm and Saturday, 8:00am to noon. For more information, please call (316) 962-2438.
Our team of compassionate caregivers includes:
- Dedicated dialysis nurses who have special education in caring for children of all ages
- A dietician with expertise in nutritional challenges common to children who have kidney disease
- A social worker with experience in children's kidney disease and community resources for educational, medical and social needs
- Child life specialists dedicated to meeting the needs of pediatric patients, who can provide activities during treatment, coordinate unit events and assist with other patient and family needs
- Fresenius Medical Care, a major provider of kidney dialysis services and renal care products throughout North America, is responsible for patient management at Wesley’s pediatric outpatient dialysis