The 11-bed Wesley West Emergency Department is:
- Open 24 hours every day of the year
- Staffed with experienced emergency physicians, nurses, and other supportive health-care professionals
- Equipped with state-of-the-art technology for diagnosis and treatment
- Conveniently located, with a well-lit parking lot
- Prepared to treat patients with any type of illness or injury, (with the exception of major injuries, heart attacks, strokes, and imminent childbirth; patients arriving with these conditions will be stabilized and transported to the most appropriate hospital).
WESLEYCare Family Medicine Center West
The WESLEYCare Family Medicine Centers provide routine checkups as well as illness and injury care for patients of all ages. When a patient requires a specialist, the clinic staff will coordinate care. The centers see patients by appointment only and are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except holidays. They accept most insurance plans, including Medicare.
Wesley West also provides outpatient diagnostic services that are available by appointment. Check with your physician when you need these services to find out if Wesley West is an option for you. Included are:
- Lab tests (open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; no appointment needed)
- X-ray (open 24 hours daily; no appointment needed)
- CT scan (open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; call 316.962.7900 for appointment)
- Ultrasound (open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; call 316.962.7900 for appointment)
Family Life Education classes
Wesley West offers family life education classes that help prepare families for pregnancy, childbirth, and child care; classes for mature adults. Our instructors our knowledgeable, experienced and dedicated to helping families and individuals.
Wait times are an average and provided for informational purposes only. What does this mean?
Online ER Check-in
Patients can do advance check-in to any of Wesley’s four emergency rooms with a free mobile app available for Apple iPhones in iTunes and for Android phones in the Google Play App Store. Patients can also do advance registration at www.wesleyercheckin.com. Users simple select which Wesley facility they would like to go to and fill out a few required fields. The selected ER will be instantly notified, enabling the ER staff to better prepared for the patient’s arrival. The app and website include the facilities average wait times so patients can better plan their visit.
ER Wait Times
ER wait times are approximate and provided for informational purposes only. If you are having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
ER wait times represent a four-hour rolling average updated every 30 minutes, and is defined as the time of patient arrival until the time the patient is greeted by a qualified medical professional. Patients are triaged at arrival and are then seen by a qualified medical professional in priority order based on their presenting complaint and reason for visit.
The ER wait time represents the time it takes to see a qualified medical professional, defined as a doctor of medicine (MD), doctor of osteopathy (DO), physician assistant (PA) or advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP).
National average wait time is one hour, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). HCA hospitals strive to beat the national average.