Walk-in Clinic: Monday – Friday 1 – 3 p.m.
Health Strategies Plaza, Suite 130
551 N. Hillside, Wichita, KS
The walk-in clinic is free of charge to women whose babies were born at Wesley. A one-time chart initiation fee of $50 is required for women who did not deliver at Wesley.
Private, after-hours appointments are available; a fee may apply. To schedule an appointment or for more information, call 962-6455.
Wesley’s team of consultants and nurses can help mothers:
- “Latch on” the baby comfortably
- Find the best position for feeding
- Weigh the baby
- Make a family breastfeeding plan
- Monitor milk supply
- Deal with breast problems, including engorgement, infection, and plugged milk ducts
- Prepare for return to work or school
- Learn how to store breast milk safely
- Assist with other concerns and questions about breastfeeding
Research shows that 60% of new mothers do not breastfeed as long as they intended to due to a variety of problems, many of which develop soon after mother and baby go home from the hospital. At the daily walk-in clinic, consultants are available to provide weight checks for babies and assist with any breastfeeding challenges or questions that arise.
Breast-fed babies have less risk of childhood obesity, diabetes, respiratory and ear infections and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Breastfeeding also helps the health of the mother, lowering the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
For more information about the WesleyCare Breastfeeding Clinic, please call 962-MILK.