The Ronald McDonald Family Room is a special place within Wesley Medical Center, where families can relax while still being close to their children. This spacious, comfortable room has a small kitchen, dining area, laundry facilities and a family conversation area with a television. A shower and quiet room are also available for our parents’ convenience.
For the convenience and comfort of all guests, there are some guidelines for using the room:
- Families of all hospitalized children under 21 years old are eligible to use the Ronald McDonald Family Room. Patients are not allowed in the family room due to health regulations.
- Children 15 years and younger must be supervised by an adult, unless the child is the parent of the patient. Volunteers do not supervise children.
- A maximum of 12 guests are allowed in the Family Room. At times of peak occupancy, only two family members per patient may be allowed.
- During times of peak occupancy, a time limit of two hours for the main room may be imposed.
- To maintain a clean and pleasant atmosphere, we need and appreciate your help in observing common courtesy and respect for other guests. For instance, after using the kitchen or shower, please leave it clean for the next family.
- Laundry and shower facilities and temporary wearing apparel are available to families of hospitalized children. Please check with the volunteer on duty.
- Guests are welcome to the food in the kitchen, unless it is identified with a person's name. Please eat only at the dining room table or in the kitchen.
- Absolutely no illegal substances, alcohol, smoking, weapons, foul language or inappropriate behavior are allowed in the Ronald McDonald Family Room.
- Hours of operation are daily from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. or as long as a trained volunteer is available.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room is made possible by the generous contributions from the community, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Wichita, Inc. (RMHCWI), and Wesley Medical Center. The heart behind the Ronald McDonald Family Room is RMHCWI, a local not-for-profit organization which owns and operates Wichita's two Ronald McDonald Houses and Family Rooms. Its volunteer board of directors is responsible for raising the funds necessary to operate these facilities. The board is also responsible for establishing the organization's policies.
Wichita's Ronald McDonald Houses provide a home away from home for families who must travel more than 30 minutes to reach any Wichita hospital or physician for treatment of a loved one. For more information, visit Ronald McDonald House.