Heart & Vascular
Heart & Vascular
If you think could be having a heart attack or stroke, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
Labs and outpatient scheduling: 316.962.7004.
Wesley Medical Center and Galichia Heart Hospital offer some of the most advanced cardiac care and cardiology services available in south-central Kansas. Services include cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, angioplasty, stenting, cardiac ablation therapy, structural heart procedures and rehabilitation services. We work closely with cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons to identify and treat patients in the most medically appropriate manner involving either stenting or surgical intervention.
Both accredited chest pain centers, our hospitals are members of the Wichita Heart Care Collaborative, which works to improve the quality of cardiac care in the Wichita area. The collaborative received a 2006 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards given by TJC (The Joint Commission) and the National Quality Forum.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Coronary Calcium Scan
- EmergencyCare Network
- Galichia Heart Hospital
- Heart Valve Clinic
- Stroke Center
Wesley has several units for cardiovascular patients, based on their individual needs. All the units provide constant electronic monitoring, and nurses are specially trained in the care of cardiac patients.
- Wesley has two Medical/Telemetry Units. While in these units, patients may begin therapy and education to prepare them for their care after discharge. Care coordinators work with patients and their families to arrange for follow-up care.
- The Cardiovascular Interventional Unit is for recovery of patients who have had an angioplasty, stent, or other interventional treatment in the Cardiovascular Lab.
- The most seriously ill patients stay in the Coronary Care Unit, which has 26 beds in private rooms with state-of-the-art equipment and a high level of staffing.
- Visit the American Heart Association website to learn more.
- Register at heart.org/GoRedinWichita to join Wesley and the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women fight against heart disease. Participants receive free heart-healthy education information, exclusive offers for special events, the opportunity to win free stuff and more!
- Get a free heart risk assessment at www.hearthhealthadvisor.com.