Serving Size ½ of recipe
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Sodium 600 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
Protein 46 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Bulgur wheat ½ cup
Chicken bouillon cube ½
Olive oil 1 teaspoon
Scallion, thinly sliced 1
Raisins, or other dried fruit 2 tablespoons
Walnuts, or other nuts, chopped 2 tablespoons
Chicken breast filets 2 (6-ounce)
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Ground black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
Dried rosemary ½ teaspoon
Butter 2 teaspoons
- Cook ½ cup bulgur according to package directions, but add ½ of a chicken bouillon cube for flavor.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add scallion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the raisins, nuts, and bulgur and set aside.
- Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound using a mallet or your hands until chicken is about ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a medium to large-sized skillet. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes; flip, cover with a lid, and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Squeeze the orange over the chicken and serve over the bulgur.