Serving Size ½ breast or 2 small drumsticks
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 199 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Tomato paste (3 ounces) 5 tablespoons
Ketchup 1 teaspoon
Honey 2 teaspoons
Molasses 1 teaspoon
Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon
Vinegar, white 4 teaspoons
Cayenne pepper ¾ teaspoon
Black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
Onion powder ¼ teaspoon
Garlic, minced 2 cloves
Ginger, grated 1/8 teaspoon
Chicken, skinless (breasts, drumsticks) 1½ pounds
Tip: Make barbeque sauce lower in sodium with lots of herbs and spices.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken on a large platter.
- Brush chicken with ½ of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn oven to 350°F, and add the remaining sauce to the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.