Your family will love to eat more vegetables cooked this way.
Serving Size ½ cup
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Frozen lima beans 2 cups
Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
Fennel, cut in strips (4 ounce) 1 cup
Onion, chopped ½ cup
Low-sodium chicken broth ¼ cup
Leaf spinach, washed thoroughly 4 cups
Distilled vinegar 1 tablespoon
Black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
Raw chives 1 tablespoon
Water for boiling (if needed)
- Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water approximately 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add the beans and stock to the onions, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and pepper. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.