Serve your pizza with fresh fruit and a mixed green salad garnished with red beans to balance your meal.
Serving Size 2 slices (¼ of pie)
Total Fat 16 g
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Protein 18 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Whole wheat flour to sprinkle on working surface
Refrigerated pizza crust 1 can (10 ounces)
Olive oil 2 tablespoons
Low-fat ricotta cheese ½ cup
Dried basil ½ teaspoon
Small onion, minced 1
Garlic, minced 2 cloves
Salt (optional) ¼ teaspoon
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese 4 ounces
Chopped mushrooms 2 cups
Large red pepper, cut into strips 1
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread whole-wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt. Spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for 13-15 minutes until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.