Serving Size ½ breast or 2 small drumsticks
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 363 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Curry powder 1½ teaspoons
Thyme, crushed 1 teaspoon
Scallion, chopped 1 stalk
Cayenne pepper, chopped 1 tablespoon
Black pepper, ground 1 teaspoon
Garlic, crushed 8 cloves
Ginger, grated 1 tablespoon
Salt ¾ teaspoon
Chicken, skinless (breast, drumstick) 8 pieces
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Water 1 cup
Medum white potato, diced 1
Large onion, chopped 1
Tip: Take the skin off chicken to lower the amount of saturated fat.
- Mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame.
- Add chicken and sauté.
- Add water and allow chicken to cook over medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 15 minutes more or until meat is tender.