For less fat, bake chicken in the oven instead of frying.
Serving Size ½ breast or 2 small drumsticks
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 286 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Skim milk or buttermilk ½ cup
Poultry seasoning 1 teaspoon
Cornflakes, crumbled 1 cup
Onion powder 1½ tablespoons
Garlic powder 1½ tablespoons
Black pepper 2 teaspoons
Dried hot pepper, crushed 2 teaspoons
Ginger, ground 1 teaspoon
Chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks) 8 pieces
Paprika A few shakes
Vegetable oil (use to grease baking pan) 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add ½ teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts. Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.” (Do not turn chicken during baking.)