Substitutions, like applesauce instead of butter, lower the amount of fat and calories compared to traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Ingredients and Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine applesauce, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are nicely browned.