A scant amount of oil and part-skim mozzarella cheese give this lower fat dish a Mediterranean flavor.
Serving Size 1 fillet roll.
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 312 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Nonstick cooking spray as needed
Olive oil 1 teaspoon
Fresh mushrooms, sliced ½ pound
Fresh spinach, chopped ½ pound
Oregano leaves, crushed ¼ teaspoon
Clove garlic, minced 1
Sole fillets or other white fish 1½ pounds
Sherry 2 tablespoons
Part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated 4 ounces (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray a 10 x 6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; sauté mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained sautéed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each fillet.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.