A cholesterol-free classic Italian vegetable soup brimming with fiber-rich beans, peas, and carrots.
Serving Size 1 cup
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 191 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Olive oil ¼ cup
Garlic, minced or 1/8 tsp garlic powder 1 clove
Coarsely chopped onion 1 1/3 cup
Coarsely chopped celery and leaves 1½ cup
Tomato paste 1 can (6 ounces)
Chopped fresh parsley 1 tablespoon
Sliced carrots, fresh or frozen 1 cup
Shredded cabbage 4¾ cups
(1 pound) tomatoes, cut up 1 can
Canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 cup
Frozen peas 1½ cup
Fresh green beans 1½ cup
Dask of hot sauce
Water 11 cups
Uncooked, broken spaghetti 2 cups
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, and celery and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except spaghetti, and stir until ingredients are well-mixed.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add uncooked spaghetti and simmer 2-3 minutes only.