Defatted chicken broth and low-fat milk lower the fat content, yet give the sauce a rich creamy taste.
Serving Size 1 fillet with sauce
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 316 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
White fish (cod, sole, turbot, etc) 1 pound
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
Dry white wine ¼ cup
Chicken stock or broth, skim fat from top ¼ cup
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Soft margarine 1 tablespoon
Flour 2 tablespoons
Low-fat (1%) or skim milk ¾ cup
Seedless grapes ½ cup
- Spray 10 x 6 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Place fish in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix wine, stock, and lemon juice in small bowl and pour over fish.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan. Remove from heat and blend in flour. Gradually add milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove fish from oven and pour liquid from baking dish into cream sauce, stirring until blended. Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle with grapes.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to brown.