Wine, lemons, and mushrooms flavor this chicken recipe the lower salt and lower fat way.
Serving Size 1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 77 mg
Sodium 304 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Flour ¼ cup
Chicken breasts, boned, skinless 4 (5 ounces)
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Marsala wine ½ cup
Chicken stock, skim fat from top ½ cup
Fresh lemon juice ½ lemon
Sliced mushrooms ½ cup
Fresh parsley, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet, add wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add juice, stock, and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced.
- Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.