This heart healthy, one-dish meal is made with lean top round beef, lots of vegetables, and a spicy, herb mixture.
Serving Size 7 oz
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 101 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Top round beef 1 pound
Paprika 1 tablespoon
Oregano 1 ½ teaspoon
Chili powder ½ teaspoon
Garlic powder ¼ teaspoon
Black pepper ¼ teaspoon
Red pepper 1/8 teaspoon
Dry mustard 1/8 teaspoon
Red-skinned potatoes, halved 8
Onion, finely chopped 3 cups
Beef broth 2 cups
Garlic cloves, minced 2 large
Carrots, peeled, cut into very thin 2 ½ inch strips 2 large
Mustard greens, kale, or turnip greens, stems removed, coarsely torn 2 bunches (½ pound each)
Nonstick spray coating, as needed
- Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl with crusty bread for dunking.