Volunteers are important and valued members of the Wesley community. Their dedicated service:
- Complements the work of nursing and other healthcare staff
- Provides patients and their families with support and comfort
- Reaffirms the basic tenent of healthcare—that of people helping people in need, simply because they care.
The volunteers are members of Wesley's Guest Services Department. After a training period, they are assigned tasks based on their areas of interest and Wesley's needs. Volunteers may serve during the day, Mondays through Saturdays, and some evenings.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Enjoying the satisfaction of helping others
- Making new friends
- Developing new interests
- Expanding your horizons
- Courtesy meal tickets for volunteers working four or more hours
- Free parking in the parking garage
Volunteers help in the following ways:
- Driving the Care-A-Van parking lot shuttle
- Assisting in the chaplain's office
- Cuddling tiny babies
- Providing information for families in the Emergency Department
- Greeting guests
- Delivering flowers
- Working in the gift shop
- Serving as a host or hostess in various areas
- Assisting families in waiting rooms and the Ronald McDonald
- Family Room
- Filing and answering phones
- Escorting patients
- Delivering patient mail
- Playing with or reading to children
Other assignments may be available upon request.
Our Guest Services staff members would be happy to speak to answer your questions or speak to any interested clubs, schools or church groups. Please call (316) 962-2100.