WICHITA – Wesley Medical Center will be having its annual Baby Your Baby Health Education Fair Sat., March 28 from 9:30am – 1:30pm at its main hospital campus, 550 N. Hillside.
The fair is designed to educate parents and caregivers on infant and child health topics such as infant CPR, relaxing for labor, sleepy time, breast-feeding and car seat safety. As the region’s “Baby Hospital,” the event also includes tours of Wesley’s newly renovated Labor and Delivery floor and the BirthCare Center suites.
“The Baby Your Baby Fair is a rare parenting opportunity,” said Carol Hancock, Wesley’s family life education manager. “There’s normally a fee for each of these classes and it would take someone months to attend each one. Now everyone can attend for free and learn a great deal all in a single day.”
Wesley’s family life education classes are taught by healthcare experts that guide parents through the birth process, offering them the most up-to-date information to assist them in their role as caregivers.
- Wesley Family Life Education instructors will present “mini classes” and demonstrations on a variety of topics, including the dad’s class, infant CPR, relaxing for labor and sleepy time.
- Tours of Wesley’s Labor & Delivery floor and BirthCare Center suites will occur every hour.
- Door prizes will be given from 9:30am – 1:30pm Registrants need not be present to win.
- Parents and caregivers can register their child for the Power 93.5 “Cutest Baby” Contest from 10:00am – 1:00pm
Power 93.5 “Cutest Baby” Contest:
- For children newborn to age 2 (cannot be 3 years old on or before Sat. March 28, 2015) from 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Full contest rules are available on the Power 93.5 website – www.power935.com, including what parents or guardians need to bring to the registration that day.
- Free entrants’ photo will be taken that day. No need to bring a photo to the Fair.
- Listeners can vote for their favorites April 2 – 13 at www.power935.com.
- Winner will be announced April 16 during the Power 93.5 Morning Show featuring Greg “The Hitman” Williams and Miranda. Winner will receive a $500 gift card from Toys “R” Us.
- All kids who enter the contest will have their photo featured on Wesley’s billboards throughout Wichita.
For more information about the Baby Your Baby Health Education Fair, visit www.facebook.com/WesleyBirthCare.
Wesley Medical Center is the region’s leading acute care hospital network providing a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma since 1912. As a leader in Overall Recommended Care in national surveys, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies – more than any hospital in a 13-state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita, with Wesley ER, Wesley West ER and Galichia ER. Wesley owns and operates Galichia Heart Hospital, WesleyCare Clinics and the Pediatric Center of Kansas. To learn more about Wesley Medical Center, please visit www.wesleymc.com.