August 25, 2011
WICHITA, Kansas – Wesley Medical Center, an acute care hospital providing full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma, will be having its 3rd annual Baby Your Baby Health Education Fair Saturday, August 27 from 9am-3pm at Wesley Medical Center. Attendees will have the opportunity to attend free parenting classes, browse through the twenty-five local vendors’ booths, receive free car seat checks, tour Wesley’s birthing suites, and register for baby item prizes.
Known as the “Baby Hospital,” Wesley Medical Center delivers more than 6,000 babies annually and has one of the most comprehensive programs of childbirth and parenting classes in the region. Wesley’s family life education classes are taught by healthcare experts and help guide parents through the birth process while offering the most up-to-date information to assist others in their role as parents.
“The Baby your Baby Fair is a rare opportunity,” said Carol Hancock, Wesley Family Life Education Director. “There is normally a charge for these classes and it would take someone months to attend each one. Now everyone can attend for free and learn a great deal all in a single day.”
- Wesley Family Life instructors will present “mini classes” and demonstrations on a variety of topics, including “The Dad’s Class,” “Playing with your Baby,” and “The Whole 9 Months.”
- SIDS Network of Kansas will teach “Safe Sleep” and La Leche League will teach “Breastfeeding.”
- All moms and moms-to-be will receive a free Wesley tote.
- Attendees can RSVP to the event on facebook.com/wesleybirthcare to receive a free Wesley baby bib.
- Register to win giveaways including a stroller, car seat, diaper genie and more.
‘It’s only fitting that ‘The Baby Hospital” would put on this type of event,” said Paul Petitte, Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations. “Last year, we had more than 700 attendees throughout the day and we are expecting to have even more this year.”
For more information about the Baby Your Baby Health Education Fair, contact DeAnn Most, Wesley Community Relations and Senior Friends Manager at 316.962.8047.