Welcome to one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center.
Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 700 physicians and 3,000 employees provide a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 25,000 adults and children are inpatients and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Wesley cares by ensuring quality healthcare, providing compassion, offering comfort, and building trust with every patient, every time.
Wesley Medical Center will be the provider of choice in healthcare, education and employment by demonstrating excellence, efficiency and teamwork in all of our relationships.
Excellence in all we do, Integrity in how we do it, Service with respect and dignity.
Wesley's campus in the heart of Wichita, Kansas, has eight buildings, including:
- A state-of-the art Critical Care Building that houses three adult intensive care units
- A freestanding Family Medicine Center
- A freestanding BirthCare Center
- Wesley Women's Hospital
- Wesley West Emergency and Diagnostic Center provides 24-hour emergency care and outpatient diagnostic services. It is located at the northeast corner of 13th Street and Tyler Road.
Advanced technology and services
Although Wesley provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services, the medical center is especially noted for:
- The largest Emergency Department in Kansas
- The Children's Center (affiliated with the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions)
- A Level 1 (highest level) trauma center
- The area's only Gamma Knife Center
- State-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care and Pediatric Intensive Care units
- Cardiovascular services and accredited Chest Pain Center
- Stroke treatment and certified Stroke Center
- Advanced care for high-risk pregnancies
- Cancer care
- The area's only hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Outpatient clinics
Wesley is a training facility for physicians, nurses, and other health-care providers, and is affiliated with several institutions of higher learning. For more information, use the Education menu above.
For further information
For further information about Wesley, please review the topics on our Web site or contact us with your questions.