Welcome to one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center.
Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommended care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies – more than any hospital in a 13-state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER and Galichia ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Galichia Heart Hospital, WESLEYCare Clinics and the Pediatric Center of Kansas.
Wesley cares by ensuring quality healthcare, providing compassion, offering comfort, and building trust with every patient, every time.
Wesley Medical Center will be the provider of choice in healthcare, education and employment by demonstrating excellence, efficiency and teamwork in all of our relationships.
Excellence in all we do, Integrity in how we do it, Service with respect and dignity.
Culture of Always Standards
These standards of behavior emphasize the beliefs and attitudes which govern the operations of the Wesley family and provide a framework for each of us to support high-quality and safe care for every patient, every time.
We believe in teamwork. We value the participative process and consensus building. It is through cooperation that our greatest successes will be delivered.
We believe in valuing one another. We will hold our colleagues and ourselves accountable by preventing errors through engagement, communication and collaboration. If we see one of our co-workers not adhering to our standards, it is our duty to address the inappropriate behavior with that individual regardless of title.
We believe in open communication. We use the most appropriate way to communicate while using discretion and respect when disseminating information.
We believe all our customers are equal. We believe that all patients, co-workers, physicians and other customers deserve fair treatment and respect. We are all representing the face of Wesley, and first impressions are important.
We believe in preserving a quality, caring, organizational environment. Each of us will take responsibility for continuously improving the quality of care and service we provide.
Wesley's campus in the heart of Wichita, Kansas, has eight buildings, including:
- A state-of-the art Critical Care Building that houses three adult intensive care units
- A freestanding Family Medicine Center
- A freestanding BirthCare Center
- Wesley Women's Hospital
- Wesley West Emergency and Diagnostic Center provides 24-hour emergency care and outpatient diagnostic services. It is located at the northeast corner of 13th Street and Tyler Road.
Advanced technology and services
Although Wesley provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services, the medical center is especially noted for:
- The largest Emergency Department in Kansas
- The Children's Center (affiliated with the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions)
- A Level 1 (highest level) trauma center
- The area's only Gamma Knife Center
- State-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care and Pediatric Intensive Care units
- Cardiovascular services and accredited Chest Pain Center
- Stroke treatment and certified Stroke Center
- Advanced care for high-risk pregnancies
- Cancer care
- The area's only hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Outpatient clinics
Wesley is a training facility for physicians, nurses, and other health-care providers, and is affiliated with several institutions of higher learning. For more information, use the Education menu above.
For further information
For further information about Wesley, please review the topics on our Web site or contact us with your questions.